OUR HISTORY

St. Paul's Episcopal Nursery School was founded in 1957 by The Rev. Dale Doren, rector of St. Paul's Episcopal Church, along with a group of parishioners interested in forming a progressive nursery school based on sound knowledge and understanding of child development and early childhood education. As a result of our founders' strong belief and advocacy of the importance of a high-quality early childhood education, St. Paul's was one of the first nursery schools in Pennsylvania to be licensed by the state in 1957. We were also one of the first nursery schools to be accredited by NAEYC in the Pittsburgh area and have successfully retained our national accreditation since 1988.